BE OPEN at "Building EOSC through the H2020 projects – current status and future directions" workshopNext›
The European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) has been promoted and supported by the European Commission over several years since the adoption of the European Cloud Initiative in 2016. Through H2020 funding, the policy concepts are turned into the initial core technical infrastructure, tools and services of EOSC. EC also funded training and resources to enhance skills and laid the groundwork for the design of rules of participation and a governance framework. The governance structure has been established through the Governance and Executive Boards.
In this context, the DGs CNECT and RTD organises a 2-days project meeting and workshop on “Building EOSC through the H2020 projects – current status and future directions” on 9-10 September 2019 in Brussels.
The aim of the workshop is to increase the visibility of the EOSC-related projects funded by the DGs CNECT and RTD, explore their current state of achievement and discuss issues and potential regarding the next steps towards building the EOSC. In addition to all currently active EOSC-related projects funded from the H2020 programme by the DGs CNECT and RTD, the meeting also provides an opportunity to interact with the members of the Governance and Executive Boards and to understand the work done within these bodies.
BE OPEN will be represented at the EOSC workshop by M. Boile (CERTH-HIT-Project Coordinator) and C. Alméras (ECTRI-Dissemination and Engagement Leader).
- eosc-infographic.pdf 405 KB
- joint-cnect-rtd-eosc-workshop-agenda-finalext.pdf 140 KB
- project-slide-show.pdf 8 MB
- introductory-note-to-the-participants.pdf 145 KB
- eosc-concertation-meeting-gbeb-day-1-final.pdf 885 KB
- eosc-concertation-meeting-gbeb-day-2-final.pdf 1 MB
- governance-session-day-2-questions-for-discussion.pdf 381 KB
- k-glinos-eosc-projects-workshop-opening-9-september-2019-final.pdf 878 KB
- final-report-eosc-concertation-workshop.pdf 2 MB